Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My first foray into actually doing something with essential oils!

Ok, so I've had my lavender, peppermint, lemon, and sweet orange essential oils for a while. And I recently got my very first Garden of Wisdom order. And, I had an empty glass rollerball from when I used up my Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick (terrible, terrible, stuff).

I also suffer from migraines and tension headaches. And one of the ladies over at the Mineral Makeup Forums posted a thread about making an essential oil blend for headaches. And I already had the lavender and peppermint, and I decided to order some lemon eucalyptus oil from GoW, along with some meadowfoam oil to use as a carrier.

So, I took my rollerball, and put 2 drops of lemon eucalyptus EO, 2 drops of peppermint EO, and 5 drops of lavender EO in it. Then, I filled it up the rest of the way with a mix of fractionated coconut oil and meadowfoam oil.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it aside from smelling it or rubbing it on my temples, but it does smell really nice.

It kind of makes me wonder what other smells I can formulate - this is a big step beyond merely adding a couple drops of one oil to something to make it smell better, or making lavender spray for my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment