Thursday, January 7, 2010

Review - Earthen Glow Minerals Mineral Mousse Foundation

Another liquid! (And most probably my last, unless anyone has samples of stuff).
Today I wore my new Earthen Glow Minerals Mineral Mousse foundation. How'd it do?

A. Color matching.
5. I can't even tell where the line is! I ordered Lora, which is "Light warm," after being warned that their fair shades were for the truly ghostlike, and on consultation with them via email. I also took a gamble and ordered a full size, so I could take advantage of the 30% off sale, and I'm glad I did because it does match very well.

B. Coverage.
4. Significantly reduces contrast between normal skin and blemishes/scar. Covers all but the worst of the red marks and the darkest part of my surgical scar.

C. Adhesion/durability.
4. Almost gets me through a twelve-hour day. Looks great on my lower face, like I'm not wearing makeup, but my forehead got a little patchy.

D. Combination skin friendliness factor.
4. By mid-afternoon, some oil spots have broken out or some areas look dryer than normal. Not too much oil, actually, just a tiny bit of shine on the forehead. Dryness is a slightly bigger issue, but less so than with some other brands.

E. Irritancy.
3. No problems at all.

F. Presentation
3. Beautiful presentation. Ok, so the packaging isn't really that attractive, but it's in an airless pump that comes with this little piece of plastic you can use to keep air from getting in through the pump hole. The pump also makes it very easy to only dispense what you need, you won't accidentally pour out more. Extremely functional packaging.

G. Value
2. Costs about what you'd expect.

H. Company is nice to work with, good customer service. 1 point.
Company does not have good customer service, or service is unrated - 0 points. I will come back and edit another point into the score if I get appropriate resolution on the dried cream liner I got in the same order. They also took a long time to respond to my emails about the ingredients of the foundation, but when they did answer they were very helpful.

Total: 25/30. This stuff is pretty good. It's amazing how it evens out skin tone and covers minor imperfections without looking chalky or cakey. Word to the wise: this stuff is easy to overdo. I only use one tiny squirt the size of a pea for my whole face. I had equally good results dispensing onto the back of my hand and applying with a foundation brush as I did dabbing small amounts around my face with my fingers. Both times, I blended with my fingers. Liquid foundation shouldn't require a brush, in my opinion. Overall, I really like this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment