Monday, January 11, 2010

Review - Earthen Glow Minerals Cover Me foundation

Over the weekend, I went through my samples from the Earthen Glow Minerals Cover Me sample kit I got in the Light range. Normally, I'm fair, but Earthen Glow is one of those companies that makes stuff for the extra-fair. They sent me all 12 colors in the light range for the Cover Me foundation formula, and I picked out the 3 that looked closest, face swatched them, and picked Lora as the best match, which is unsurprising as the mousse foundation that matches me so well is also Lora.

A. Color matching.
5. I can't even tell where the line is!

B. Coverage.
4. Significantly reduces contrast between normal skin and blemishes/scar.

C. Adhesion/durability.
3. Gets me through an eight-hour day. I blew my nose a few times, and that wiped off the product around my nose. It also seemed patchy on my forehead. Not a lot, but a little.

D. Combination skin friendliness factor.
3. Does ok until lunch. I touched my forehead five hours after putting the foundation on, and my fingers came away with oil on them. After I removed the makeup, my skin was a little dryer than usual.

E. Irritancy.
3. No problems at all.

F. Presentation
2. Functional packaging. Sample baggie, good size. Full sizes appear to come in normal jars.

G. Value
1. Costs more than you'd expect. $18 for a full size? I haven't seen a price that high on the other sites I frequent.

H. Company is nice to work with, good customer service. 1 point.
(Reserving judgment on this until I hear back about the dried cream liner. Will revise accordingly.)

Total: 21/30. Not bad, but also not one of my favorites. If you have normal skin with a greater number than usual of blemishes or discolorations, then this is probably great for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment