Monday, December 7, 2009

Review - Everyday Minerals Matte foundation

To be fair... I'm going to review my old foundation before doing new ones, just so I have a basis of comparison. I plan to do the same thing with the pressed foundation I have. I bought this jar in June 2008 and received it in August that year (bad sign of things to come, I know. I attributed it to difficulty with transitioning to a new site, because I was otherwise happy with them).

Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation (Golden Fair)

A. Color matching.
4. Close, but not quite. Somewhat whitish cast, and if they made something a couple shades lighter than Soft Butter Peach, it probably would have matched better.

B. Coverage.
3. Covers blemishes and makes scar less noticeable.

C. Adhesion/durability.
3. Gets me through an eight-hour day. Almost. Seems to settle into pores easily and get patchy. Yuck.

D. Combination skin friendliness factor.
4. By mid-afternoon, some oil spots have broken out or some areas look dryer than normal.

E. Irritancy.
2. Tiny bumps or itching. (went away after half an hour or so)

F. Presentation
2. Functional packaging. Newer jars have the closable sifters, which is nifty. All my full sizes of EM are older than the closable sifters, though.

G. Value
2. Costs about what you'd expect. Good value with a 12+ item discount, but then you also have to buy 11 other things, which gets expensive.

H. Company is nice to work with, good customer service. 1 point. Not.

Total: 20/30. Ok product, but apparently nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment