Saturday, December 12, 2009

Review: adorned with Grace Minerals foundation

Today, I am wearing adorned with Grace Minerals foundation, in Love 3.0 on the left side of my face and Faith 3.0 on the right side of my face. Love 3.0 is the better match.

A. Color matching.
5. I can't even tell where the line is! Impressive for a premixed product.

B. Coverage.
4. Significantly reduces contrast between normal skin and blemishes/scar. It's no Dermablend, but it really covered well, and with less product than other foundations I've tried.

C. Adhesion/durability.
3. Gets me through an eight-hour day. Kind of pools after that. I'm hoping that when I try it with a primer or finishing powder, the results will be better.

D. Combination skin friendliness factor.
3.5. By "early afternoon," some oil spots have broken out or some areas look dryer than normal. I put it on at 11 this morning, and I had some shine on my forehead by five. Now (at 9:30), my face is pretty shiny. It hasn't dried me out at all, though.

E. Irritancy.
3. No problems at all.

F. Presentation
3. Beautiful presentation. Ok, so I was using a sample baggie. But it was the right size sample baggie for the amount, and all the sample baggies came sealed in a plastic pouch, which was then wrapped in awG tissue paper with a little sticker.

G. Value
2. Costs about what you'd expect.

H. Company is nice to work with, good customer service. 1 point. Franchesca was very nice and helpful with color selection when I emailed her, and prompt, too.

Total: 24.5/30. I'm pretty impressed with how this product covers without looking chalky in the least. If it did more for oil control or lasted longer, I'd be thrilled. I'm planning on trying everything that scores above a 24 with primer and finishing powder to see if that helps it, and I think that this stuff would do better. I'd like to try this out as concealer, too, because it really made both my scar and my jawline acne less noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment