Thursday, December 10, 2009

Review: Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss foundation

Today, I am wearing Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss foundation.

How's it doing?
A. Color matching.
4. Close, but not quite.

B. Coverage.
2. Barely covers blemishes. My skin tone is a bit more even, and it is a sheer formula, but I'm not super happy with it.

C. Adhesion/durability.
2. Lasts most of the day, but becomes patchy or rubs off easily. It's kind of patchy now.

D. Combination skin friendliness factor.
1. Turns me into an oil slick or dries me out. I bet this foundation would be great for someone with normal skin. But my T-Zone is an oil slick right now, and some dry skin I have around my jawline (Thanks, Retin-A!) is more prominently dry than I'd like.

E. Irritancy.
3. No problems at all. It is aimed at women with sensitive skin, so at least it does that.

F. Presentation
2. Functional packaging. Samples come in baggies, and the small and full size jars look pretty good. My entire order came in a nice leopard-print cloth drawstring bag, which I thought was cute. Loses a point for the size and shape of the bags, though. They should really use some shorter bags for their samples.

G. Value
3. Exceptionally good value. Much more volume per dollar than you'd expect.

H. Company is nice to work with, good customer service. 1 point. I did have a helpful email exchange about color choices, and shipping was prompt.

Total: 18/30. This is not the foundation for me. I've been wearing it for about 7 hours and am going to need to hit up the emergency mattifying lotion in my purse before I go teach in an hour. I'm still on campus for another six hours, too. It's too bad, because I really wanted to like it, especially because of the value in the large size jars. It worked better a few days ago over a primer, and I bet a nice finishing powder would help a lot with the oil, but that's a lot more work than I want to put in most days. If you don't have crazy combination skin, this would probably work really well for you. If you do have crazy combination skin, this is not the best choice out there. I actually think my skin looks better with just Fyrinnae Velvet Gel Primer over my moisturizer than it does with this stuff on.


In unrelated news, I think I should be getting my adorned with Grace haul today or tomorrow, so there'll be an upcoming review of that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment