Thursday, September 9, 2010

Makeup crafts! Journal into palette

I wanted a palette so I could consolidate a bunch of makeup into one thing. I did not want to pay the kind of money that could get me a high-end item I really want on packaging. So I was wandering around CVS and I saw this:




Bingo! I took it home, and proceeded to cut the middle out of all the pages. You want to keep a piece of cardboard under the pages as you do this, or else you will gouge out the back cover.

Then, I used a piece of my cardboard (Trader Joe's Oyster Crackers - Yum!) to make a shallow "dish" that fit in the hole where the insides of the pages were. Then, I glued the pages together.

After that, I used the front inside cover page (the purple page) of the journal to cover the cardboard.

Then, I covered the bottom of the palette in promotional magnets.

Here is the result:





I'm pretty happy with it. It took an entire evening, but I was in the sort of foul mood that can only be resolved by a crafts project. It worked.

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome! You are crafty there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I always have all these great ideas, but then I never follow through them. :/

    ReplyDelete