Sunday, August 28, 2011

200th post!

And kind of a random one, at that. I used up some more stuff. And I'm gonna see if I can go until October 15th before buying anything new (including makeup, skincare, haircare, nail polish). I need to shrink my collection some. Or a lot. It's time for some major detox - I had a stressful summer and compensated by buying things.

Using things up feels good, but it's also a methodical process that keeps me away from a lot of my collection.

And, it's 5 days away from when Project Use It hits the yearlong mark. I wonder if I can get to 200 products by then? After the year, I don't know what I'm going to do about keeping track of stuff - maybe a monthly or biweekly post?

Things that are gone now:
*SN Bubbly GWP eye shadow - can't buy it again, but it was lovely. I even got a compliment on it from the lady at Ulta! I'm kind of looking forward to moving onto something else now, though. It was a tan champagne shade with lots of sparkles.

*Meow Pampered Puss foundation sample - Sleek Persian. I did like this enough to get a huge tub of it at their recent sale. Probably could have waited some more, as I still have an Aromaleigh full size and a tub of adorned with Grace. Oh well.

*Nuance Salma Hayek Tinted Moisturizer samples - Light. I took three of these, because they're really only good for testing the color if you only have one. Turns out three of these are also not enough to test out coverage. I ended up piling my normal stuff on top of it, because it was like it didn't do anything.

*Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer. This claimed to be a way to make your nails look better without polish. I say it's basically a very thin, very fast drying clear nail polish. I also say it's not worth the effort, which is why I had it sitting around for years and had to make a conscious effort to use it up so I could harvest the silver balls for a Frankenpolish.

(Since Sept. 2, 2010)
192 items gone
71 full size items gone

2 comments:

  1. I hope you make it to 200 stuff used up by the one year mark! Thats awesome! Instead of a complete detox, I'm going to work on some "controlled buying." I love the fall/halloween fragrances that are coming out from the indie companies. I'm going to limit myself to a TMTM order and maybe another Solstice Scents order. But I have a ton of stuff to use up still too. Althought I have substantially minimized what I have around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I think I can do it! I've identified 8 things I can use up! Unfortunately, one of them (just used it now) is a sample for a body lotion that I MUST HAVE NOW because it smells like a mocha latte. Never mind that I have lots of other lotiony products around. I'm also glad I don't care much for scents - it's the one area I'm not tempted by at all.

    ReplyDelete