Sunday, April 17, 2011

Used it! And then a tangent about shampoo.

More things are gone!!!

Aromaleigh Viburnum sample (darkish gray brown). Teddy Wisp is very similar to this, just a tad lighter. This looked awesome over a brown base.

Aromaleigh Trillium sample (spring green similar to SN Go). This also looked good over the brown base - kind of minty chocolate. I might get Go at some point in the future, but my green and blue drawer is full now.

Mix of silica, silk powder, and Aromaleigh Sunbright powder. Silica does not mix well with silk. The silk kept balling up, so towards the end I had more silk than silica in the mix. The more silica heavy version worked a lot better for me. I did like the little sparkles and the touch they added.

Ecotools body wash - I can't believe I still have another bottle. This stuff is super liquidy, smells like slightly overripe fruit, and just isn't my favorite.

Kiss My Face tinted moisturizer - Beach. This is slightly too dark for me. Also, spf 8 is just kind of stupid. I did really like it at first, but now I don't think I'd get another one.


120 items gone
44 full size items gone

I also demoted the rest of a shampoo mix to makeup brush duty. It was Suave Rosemary Mint mixed with Queen Helene Mint Julep at a 3:1 ratio. Then, I added 3 parts of water for 1 part of mix and used it with a pointy-nozzled squirt bottle. Way too harsh, and left me with an itchy and dry scalp after washing, and an itchy, oily, and dandruffy scalp right before the next wash. (I wash my hair every three days most of the time.) I've used different shampoos since then with a much less unpleasant effect. Tomorrow's wash day, but my scalp isn't super itchy or anything, and I certainly don't find myself needing to clean my fingernails after scratching my head anymore. I think rotating the three I have now is going to be a good system, especially because I like them all.

I'm using these, which I won't use up any time soon, but I want to talk about them:

Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Intense Cleanse shampoo. It has microbeads. They exfoliate well and feel nice on my scalp.

Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Oil Shampoo for Oily Hair. Delicious lemony scent mixed with tea tree's detoxifying benefits.

Kenra Clarifying Shammpoo. It smells like grapefruit. It's also a chelator, so it can get the deposits from my hard-as-nails water out. And I like that it has a sulfate that can't penetrate the hair. So now I'm using harsh cleansers only every nine days.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for using up stuff! I think thats what I'm going to be focusing on in the next 30 days! And the three shampoos you use sound great. Especially the Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. I'm a huge fan of tea tree oil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tea tree oil, too. Especially when it smells like lemons, instead!

    ReplyDelete