Jill from Just Peachy tagged me for this game a bit ago, and I'm just now getting around to it!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
Eleven Factoids About Me:
1. I do not like cheese. Unless it's on pizza, and even then, I sometimes end up reducing the amount. I think the stuff is disgusting.
2. I speak Spanish fluently, and also know some Portuguese and French.
3. Washing dishes is my absolute least favorite chore. And there's a mountain of them in the kitchen. Ack!
4. My hair goes just past my waist. People at school have freaked out about its length on the occasions I've left it down.
5. I will obsessively rearrange my makeup and nail polish stashes, but everything else I own is quite disorganized.
6. I think dinosaurs are awesome.
7. I am pretty handy with the electric drill.
8. I still use a flip phone.
9. Breakfast foods are my favorites. I love brunch!
10. I want to be a night owl, but I have to be an early bird. So in the morning, I'm cranky and out of it.
11. Coffee and chocolate might just be the best things out there. And, they both predate sliced bread!
Jill's Questions for Me:
1. Have you done much traveling? If so, where?
I've been to 24 of the 50 states, and I'm hoping to get to 30 by the time I turn 30. I've also seen a lot of Eastern Canada, lived in Seville, Spain for three and a half months, and a few years ago did a summer program in Salamanca, Spain and also got to go to Portugal as part of that. When the program was over, the man met me in Madrid and we spent time there, in Seville (so I could show him the magic!), in Gibraltar, and then we went to London. And this past weekend, I went to Chicago for the first time!
2. What is your idea of relaxing?
A cold or hot drink, depending, and a comfy place to sit. I also enjoy spending time outside and going for walks.
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start your blog?
About two and a half years, I think. I was going through a difficult time when I started, and writing the blog helped me feel human. I couldn't control a lot of what was going on in my life, but I could control what my face looked like.
5. Do you have a monthly makeup budget?
I did, but then I quit. I think I'm going to try being on a low-buy for a few months - viewing it as an experiment, a how long can I go? type thing might be better.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Oh dear - too many considerations! Anywhere? Probably San Francisco.
7. Do you prefer to shop online or in actual stores?
8. Do you do have an interesting job? Are you still in school? What is your dream job?
I am never bored at my job. I teach Spanish at an elementary school. I'm also finishing a Masters thesis, but I live far away from the school. I don't know that I have a dream job. I've gotten caught up in the "I have to do this one thing" feeling before, and it usually makes things so high-stakes that I'm invariably let down when it doesn't work out. So, I'm taking it one step at a time.
9. How many text messages do you send in a day? One or two.
10. Do you have a close relationship with your family? Not super-close, but not distant or chilly, either.
11. What is your go-to makeup brand?
Tarte, Urban Decay, Silk Naturals, Physicians Formula. I have a handful of brands I like a lot, but so far there hasn't been one that covers all my needs and wants.
I tag you!
1. Nea - Fashioned in Finland
2. Blix - Glitter is my Crack
3. Susan - Darling Girl Cosmetics
4. Ice Queen - Ice Queen's Nail Parlour
5. Baroque in Babylon
7. Emily Noel - Beauty Broadcast
8. Dao - My Makeup Blog
9. Heather - Eyeconic Makeup. (I see you've been tagged already - I am exempting you from tagging)
10. Cait - SwatchStorm
11. Emily - Sparkle and Shade
(why are so many beauty bloggers named Emily? It's a great name, for sure - must be we're all beautiful!)
My 11 Questions For You:
1. What is your favorite sandwich?
2. Pants, skirts, or either?
3. What's your biggest "vice"?
4. Chocolate, or vanilla?
5. You win an all-expenses paid trip for two to anyplace you want to go. Where do you go, and who do you bring with you?
6. What's your favorite thing about your face?
7. What's your favorite thing about your body?
8. School/work, family, SO, me time, health. Rank from most important to least important.
9. You have to live in a dystopian future portrayed in a novel. Which one is it?
10. Do you speak any additional languages (besides English)?
11. Do you have any surprising talents?