Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Review - Silk Naturals Original formula foundation

Today, I'm wearing Silk Naturals foundation, the original (lighter coverage) formula with a ratio of 1 Warm Gold:10 Ivory.

Here goes the rubric!

A. Color matching.
5. I can't even tell where the line is! It may be a little too dark, but that's my fault for not saving enough Ivory for the mix. I'll be able to remedy that pretty well. You mix your own custom blend - great system!

B. Coverage.
3. Covers blemishes and makes scar less noticeable. To be fair, I'm not using anything designed for heavy coverage.

C. Adhesion/durability.
4. Almost gets me through a twelve-hour day. Some of it's made lines, but it's not coming off or pooling in large chunks or anything.

D. Combination skin friendliness factor.
4. By mid-afternoon, some oil spots have broken out. I'm not as shiny as I'd be without it. My face started to get shiny midway through the day, but it hasn't gotten progressively a lot worse. This plus my usual primer (which I did not use) and/or a finishing powder, and I'd be good for longer.

E. Irritancy.
3. No problems at all.

F. Presentation
3. Beautiful presentation. Ok, so it comes in baggies. But the sample kit came nicely bundled together, and the rest of my order was in this really nice sheer black drawstring bag. I got a jar to put my mix in. It's a standard jar, with a clear lid. I like clear lids.

G. Value
3. Exceptionally good value. Much more volume per dollar than you'd expect. See "unit prices" entry. I'll be able to get a little over a tablespoon of foundation (25-g jar worth - I'm buying a package of Ivory, a sample bag of Warm Gold, and a 30-g jar) for $7.99 the first time, and the next time I'll only have to spend $5.50 for another bag of Ivory as I'll have enough Warm Gold left for another batch, and the jar'll still be good.

H. Company is nice to work with, good customer service. 1 point. Karen, the owner, is very nice.

Total: 26/30 This stuff is pretty good, I already have the required supplies in my cart for when I get paid at the end of the month. Also, every order over $10 and you get a gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment