Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I hope all who celebrate had a lovely Christmas yesterday and that all who don't had a great time at the movies.

In exciting beauty news, I got a gift certificate to Aromaleigh from DBF that I'm plotting how to spend. I think I might get a couple full sizes of the Opulent Lustres collection next time they go on sale, and I also might get a full size of the Gothic Lolita Burnt Roses - it's a fantastic liner color.

In other news, I went to Sephora today and got samples of Urban Decay Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and Korres Foundation Primer. Sephora will decant you free samples of pretty much anything you'd like to try at home. I'm pretty happy with this knowledge - I get to try expensive stuff and blog about it now! I'll let you know how I like this stuff.

And, I made a (very small) Earthen Glow Minerals order a few days ago that I'm hoping to have waiting for me after I'm back home after the holidays. I'll be getting the mineral mousse foundation in Lora (light warm), the cream eyeliner in the off-white color, and the Light Cover Me foundation sample kit.

Things coming up for Emily's Makeup Box:
1. A summary review of all the foundations I've tried, once I get to try Earthen Glow and some stuff from a UK company I'm getting in a swap.

2. A rubric for testing eye primers - I have four now, including my new samples. Plus reviews.

3. A rubric for testing vegan mascara, plus reviews. What's the best one out there? I'd like to know, and I'm sure you do, too!

4. I swatched all the foundations I've tried on a piece of paper. Photo to come.

5. Photos of some DIY makeup projects - two eyeshadow palettes I did on the cheap and some clear gloss I added minerals to.

I hope you're all having a great holiday season, and if there's anything you'd particularly like to see, drop me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment